We left the Enterprise rental place at 10:20am and headed for the trail. Our total ride from Clinton was 42.8 miles, which included a couple extra miles when we doubled back from the Katy Trail Depot and Museum to the campground at the state fairgrounds.
|Westernmost Terminus: Clinton, Missouri|
|Official Trailhead Starting Point|
|Ready to Ride!|
|Highest Point on the Katy Trail - Elevation: 955'|
We arrived at our campground around 4:30pm, set up our camp and cooked a small dinner. The fairgrounds are absolutely beautiful, and we were super happy to find that there were several geocaches here.
- Bring earplugs. There is some kind of plant nearby that is very loud.
- Bring a something to cover your eyes with....there are a lot of lights here. You won't need a flashlight.
- Wait a VERY long time for the shower water to heat up. It never heated up for either of us, but the campground hosts claims it will get very hot. You just have to wait (we ran the water for more than 5 minutes before giving up on it getting hot.
- The fairgrounds were absolutely beautiful, so be sure to look around while you are here.
- You can do a one way rental through Enterprise. Cost was about $35; the Clinton location is not open on the weekend.
|Missouri State Fairgrounds in Sedalia|